Saturday, May 14, 2011

Preschool Quilt

My mother-in-law teaches preschool at our church and earlier this year we decided to make a quilt that will be auctioned off in some way!!  I found this Bible verse: Psalm 96:12 and immediately knew what to do!  I had each of the preschool kiddos sign and color a leaf then I turned it into this!  Lots of applique and lots of quilting!  I had a lot of fun making this and really enjoyed quilting it!! What do ya'll think?  I hope it raises a lot of money for the school!

Since we're in STL I had to put a Cardinal bird on it!

My Nephew and Mother-in-laws leaves. 

Cute backing right?  I saw it and HAD to get it for the backing...how perfectly preschool is it?!?!

I quilted a caterpillar in the tree


Close up on the quilting! I did a little pebble quilting which I love!

Gotta have grass!

Bible Verse


I'm posting this as my entry for Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2011....be sure you check other's entries!!

Amy's Creative Side


19 comments:

Mari Albuquerque said...

My Dear Friend,
your job is AMAZING! SOOOOO AWESOME!!!
I love your quilting too!!!
You are the best!!!
BIG kisses,
Mari

Laura said...

Very cute preschool quilt! I love it! I hope someone bids a lot for the school!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

this is lovely and what a great aidea for a good cause!! thanks for sharing!

Gina Shelley said...

Jamie, the quilt will surely be THE most sought after item given that it is unique, personalized and beautifully made.

Nancy Page said...

Love this quilt! Hope it brings in heaps of money for the church.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Siobhan said...

Hi Jamie, your quilt is beautiful and the verse is very appropriate :)

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a darling little quilt. I hope it brings in a good price. I have just finished a quilt with signatures on leaves. I know how hard it was to get good signatures from adults so my hat is off to you to get them from kids.

Carol said...

This is fabulous. what a great project!!!!

Debbie said...

What a special quilt...so glad you shared it!

Riel Nason said...

That quilt is just sweet! I bet you raise a lot of $$$ with it!

stitchinpenny said...

Great quilt. I love the leaf concept.

Melinda said...

Oh, I love it! Very beautiful1

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. I love it! I'm sure you hard work is appreciated.

Shannon

Tina Craig said...

I love it! Love the verse, the kids' drawings, the bird, the quilting!

Wendi said...

I love, love, love it. I was drawn in by the verse, so fitting. You did a fabulous job!

JudyCinNC said...

Very nice quilt and a wonderful job. Truly inspiring. Judy C

Karen said...

There is so much detail in your lovely quilt. It looks great. Good luck with the auction.

mac said...

A thoughtful and beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Do you have a pattern for this?